SI #2 Finished!


 

I decided to color the comic on the door with  just brown colors because of the weird position of the door knob. I suppose it works because it doesn’t distract too much from the guy kicking the door open. Though I still find myself looking at the first picture of the comic before looking at the guy which is interesting. Next I will work on the coffee mug featuring more interaction between the characters. Then I will head towards the climax of the story be introducing the city and kiwis!

Materials: pencil, sharpie, colored pencils

Process: made an outline with pencil, then went over with sharpie, then colored everything

Ideas: my idea was to present an angry dude breaking through a door with a comic on the door to explain why he is angry. I colored the comic brown to hopefully make the door knob look better. I used lots of dots for shading and that ended up looking ok

Comments

  1. Comments from the class critique:
    + Likes ingenuity of a story in a single frame-all in one.
    + Use of stipple
    + Very creative

    - cant really tell what's happening with the shoe or the story

    Wonder if:
    1. Shade the left side of the character's shoe (our right) so the imprint is the most prominent
    2. Outline some things darker to know where to look first: the main character, the doorknob.
    3. Add perspective with a drop shadow of cartoon and the outside of the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the media should maybe be reconsidered. The cartoon line quality should be varied and I don't think the colored pencil is working. Take a look at this, not that your style/story is theirs but this doesn't read as a finished piece yet.
    https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-studio-art-2-d-design/portfolio/exams-2014-studio-art-2-d-portfolio-student-sample

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SI #6 the beginning of doom!